31 Jan 2019 CHINA FIRST: Wrong Reasons for the Decline of American Manufacturing
Trade Deficits and the Potential of Manufacturing Returning to the US Dominate Today's Headlines
Compelling Reasons to Have Sourced Products from China
Ease of Doing Business Leading to Complacency Over Time
Some Tragic Reasons Why Manufacturing Shifted to China
The ethics of business in China and the US are sometimes very different. We read on a frequent basis about high level government executives being investigated for corruption. This is not confined to the Chinese alone. Many US executives have received personal financial inducements to source their company’s components or products from China. It is widespread in China and far more common than one would like to believe.
Still Other Reasons Why Some Executives Have Been Seduced by the Allure of China
Written by Jeffrey Cartwright | CEO Shoreview Management Advisors
- HAVOC IN CHINA SUPPLY CHAIN: This Disruption Is in its Infancy and Is Exacerbated by Repetitive, Chronic Issues Including Chinese New Year Shutdown, West Coast Congestion, Labor Shortages, Longshoremen, Equipment Shortages, Etc.
- When Sales Lose Confidence
- Sourcing in Mexico vs. China: Differences as Vast as the Ocean between Them
- RETURNING TO CONFIDENCE IN QUALITY: Sourcing in Mexico as The Alternative to China
- BUSINESS SUCCESS REQUIRES CLEAR COMMUNICATION OF EXPECTATIONS: What Introspection Reveals About Unmet Expectations