23 Mar 2018 The Value of Limitations and Goals in Achieving Results
SOME GOALS ARE MANDATORY, AND OTHERS SEEM DISCRETIONARY
Goals vs Stretch Goals
Goals Are Not Always Financial Numbers but They Should Result in Financial Gains
The first step in addressing this opportunity was to accept it as true. In fact, I travelled with audited cases of our product through our distribution center and transportation system and opened cases with our members of our sales team and concluded that they were oftentimes under reporting the product that was defective when delivered.
Two final points, “Things that Are Measured, Get Better” and “If You Cannot Measure It, You Cannot Manage It”. Even having poorly defined or mis applied goals is far better business state than not having them at all.
- BUSINESS SUCCESS REQUIRES CLEAR COMMUNICATION OF EXPECTATIONS: What Introspection Reveals About Unmet Expectations
- RETURNING FROM MAJOR SUPPLY CHAIN DISRUPTIONS: Sourcing in Mexico as the Alternative to China
- OVERCOMING SUPPLY CHAIN DISRUPTION: Sourcing in Mexico as The Alternative to China
- THE PITFALLS OF PRIDE IN PRODUCT DESIGN: Collaboration is Critical to Ensuring All Aspects of Operations are Considered
- TAPPING HIDDEN CAPACITY: Increasing Throughput Via Changeover Time Reductions